Monday, February 27, 2012

Vinyl Toys!

Since posting my entry to the Sketchbook Project I decided to finally start customising the blank Kidrobot vinyl toys I've had kept in storage for most of the past year. I've started small with a 4" Glow-in-the-dark Munny & a Raffy.


The Munny design was completely improvised as I was just testing out my Posca markers and to get a feel for designing directly onto a toy. Its certainly more difficult than it looks trying to draw neat linework onto a 3D surface!

Below is my geek Raffy design, although I haven't yet decided on a colour for the glasses! Any suggestions?


I've also drawn up several possible designs for the larger Munny using the 2D templates (some of which are shown below). See any you think are worth pursuing? Feedback is very welcome as always!








No comments:

Post a Comment